Thursday, February 17, 2005

Summer Festival instinct

This morning I heard the radio talking about festivals and all of a sudden a shiver ran through my back... the reason of this is because every summer, Ed, absolutely needs to go to a freaking festival to freak out. Now, the radio was talking about Oxegen, an event that will be held in a little town near Dublin... I went to Oxegen festival last summer and I found it really not... ehm... like a festival should be. There was no freaks, no atmosphere, no big party whatsoever... in other words, I didn't like it... The line up for this year's edition is shaing up in these days, by now you you can see Foo Fighters, Ian Brown and Prodigy... the problem is that this is not a true festival. I remeber back in the days when I was still living in my hometown, Jesolo, there use to be this very nice event:The beach bum rock festival ... What a happy days... Anyway the issue is regarding the upcoming summer, which festival will we hit? I'd like to receive suggestions, even if they involve massive movements across Europe, I can migrate like a buffalo would do in the jungle We'll see you in the next town!

3 comments:

Sushi for 2 said...

My suggestion is FIB, but I'm not sure because I've been serching for some info and the main bands at the moment are Coldplay (puaj) and Oasis (puajpuaj), so...
So let's see what's up later on.

Anonymous said...

Ladies and Gentlemen,
how about Roskilde??
http://www.roskilde-festival.dk

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!

Ed

Anonymous said...

www.contempopranea.com
the best indie festival in Spain. All about not mainstream spanish pop. very funny and intimate(about 3000 people). The only thing is that it is in the summer (july) and in Badajoz and that means 45 degrees in the shadow!!!
see you there!